This is a four-day and also a 3-day with 1 online day program based on solid research and science, designed to develop a person’s ability and skill to recognize emotions in others as a basis for evaluating truth and lies.
It covers the psychological models behind truth and lies, plus the skills required to identify ‘Hotspots’ – instances when the strain between what we are thinking and what we are feeling produce observable/audible leakage across the five channels. The course is designed to help you to read and evaluate the degree of truthfulness and credibility in what others are communicating to you.
As well as the five channel training you will also learn about memory, and how you can work out whether a statement of an event is remembered or being constructed through scientific content analysis.
You will practice and hone those skills in a safe environment with a Paul Ekman Approved Trainer.
|November 15, 2017 - November 17, 2017||Corporate Sponsor - 3230 El Camino Real, Irvine, CA 92602|
Payments can be made via the following:
Booking Terms and Conditions:
Payment is required to secure your reservation. This can be done via paypal with your paypal account or via credit card. This deposit is for the specific date and course listed above. Cancellation charges will apply if you cancel after booking. You can defer to a later course in exceptional circumstances as long as the course is attended within 6 months – an additional administration and deferment fee of $350 will be applied.
You will be better able to interact with and elicit information from others, especially in high stake contexts. It will improve your capacity to evaluate the credibility of data received in the course of observations, conversations, interviews and investigations by:
- a) Enhancing your understanding of how to identify and interpret five channels of communication
- b) Improving your capacity to utilize active listening and observational skills.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify the importance of establishing a persons Baseline ti identify “hot spots” of information
- Take a structured approach to the detection of information leakage
- Identify and evaluate ‘hotspots’
- Carry out hypothesis testing
- Identify and evaluate clues to lying and truth telling
- Adopt active listening and observation skills
- Utilize these skills to evaluate truthfulness and credibility.
- The content covered within the Evaluating Truthfulness and Credibility (ETaC) workshop is outlined below.
Course Schedules (3-Day and 4-Day)
The following course modules are spread out over our 4-Day course and our 3-day Course
Lies and truth defined
Thinking and feeling
Pre-test (METT – Micro Expression Training Tool)
Verbal style, content and voice
Criteria Based Content Analysis (CBCA)
The ‘PEER’ Model
Preparation for ETaC
Rapport and baseline
Duration: 4 Day and 3 Day courses available
Location: See course schedule here
Time: 9am to 5pm
- All course materials and workbooks will be provided
- Refreshments including mid-morning coffee/snack break, mid-afternoon coffee break are provided
- Some evening work and pre course reading will be necessary for ETaC
- A minimum deposit of $400.00 is due to secure your spot payable through the paypal link on this site (for non credit-card payments please contact us)
- Payment for remaining balance will be needed 2-weeks prior to course dates
- Course seating is limited to a maximum of 18 participants as our curriculum is highly interactive.
Registration is on a first come first serve basis. Register NOW and secure your seat with a deposit.